Sweet Potato Chili
January 29, 2016 | Food & Drink
The Super Bowl is coming up and you might be looking for an idea of something to bring to the party. Or maybe traditional sports aren’t your thing and you just need a hearty meal after a cold ride. Either way, we’ve got a sweet potato spin on the classic winter staple, chili.
Sweet potato chili replaces the beans with, you guessed it, sweet potatoes. This will be appreciated by your significant other or the person behind you in the peloton. The meal is super easy to make and takes about 90 min-2 hours of stewing in the crockpot or pan on a stove top. Enjoy—
Recipe: Sweet Potato Chili
- 20 oz ground turkey
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic. diced
- 10 oz can Rotel
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 diced sweet potato
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Brown turkey in skillet with cumin
- Drain. Add onion, garlic, and turkey to skillet. Sautee at medium-high for 3 minutes.
- Add rotel, tomato sauce, sweet potato, water, spices, salt and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer to desired consistency (at least 30 min. but the longer, the better).
- Optional: My personal favorite toppings to add to my bowl of chili are Tabasco: Chipotle , shredded cheese and a dab of sour cream.
Also, for a little more kick or flavor, replace the rotel with your favorite salsa.
- Jalapeno salsa = the business.